RSD DROPS 2020 ALL
A-side is the first new material in 20 years from indie rock icons Archers of Loaf with a cover of "Street Fighting Man" originally recorded by The Rolling Stones on B-side.
"Raleigh Days"/"Street Fighting Man"
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
Limited edition companion to Mikal Cronin's 2019 Seeker album, Switched-On Seeker is a completely synth-based, full-length reworking of Seeker in the vein of Wendy Carlos' "Switched-On" series.
“Shelter”|”Show Me”|”Feel It All”|”Fire”|”Sold”|”I've Got”|”Reason”|”Caravan”|”Guardian Well”|”Lost a Year”|”On the Shelf”
40th Anniversary Edition of The Cure's second studio album Seventeen Seconds, featuring their first UK top 40 single "A Forest". Pressed on picture disc for the first time, exclusively for Record Store Day 2020
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
In May 2002, Disney pulled the plug on Mammoth Records just weeks before the June 25th release date of John Wesley Harding's The Man with No Shadow. No more than 300 hundred journalists received advance CDs of Harding's new record, while only a handful of radio stations received the single "Negative Love'. No other physical copies existed. Over the years those advance CDs have fetched untold hundreds of dollars from an eager fan base in search of Wes' great 'lost" album. Though many - but not all - of the songs ended up on 2004's Adam's Apple (DRT Records), which All Music Guide called 'the finest album of his career', those that did make the cut were in a jumbled running order. The album has never previously been released on vinyl. The Man With No Shadow First Edition restores the album to Wes's original vision. The audio has been remastered from the original tapes, and the package includes cover art from the original sessions and extensive liner notes. The CD package includes the original album plus a bonus unheard band demos and studio outtakes, all previously unreleased.
1. Nothing At All 2. Negative Love 3. Monkey and his Cat 4. Sleeper, Awake 5. Hard 6. Pull 7. Sussex Ghost Story 8. It Stays 9. When You Smile 10. Sluts 11. She Never Talks 12. Already Dead 13. Protest Protest Protest (from Adam's Apple) 14. Slippery Slide to Bliss (Out-take) 15. Sluts (Demo) 16. Negative Love (Demo) 17. Monkey and his Cat (Demo) 18. Sleeper, Awake (Demo)
NC folk rockers Hiss Golden Messenger re-record two of their original songs, "Cat's Eye Blue" (from their critically acclaimed 2019 album Terms of Surrender) "Standing in the Doorway" (a 2017 digital-only single) at Spacebomb Studios in Richmond VA, with contributions from their in-house orchestra. The latest in the Alive at Spacebomb Studios series.
“Cat’s Eye Blue”/”Standing In The Doorway”
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
Brand new studio record of all new original material from Hall of Famer Pete Krebs. Recorded with his all-electric band The Gossamer Wings. These new songs are in line with the other two records from this line up I Know It By Heart and Sweet Ona Rose. Highly anticipated new record from internationally recognized singer-songwriter Pete Krebs.
MP3 Album: $5.99 Download
The Weeknd's No. 1 album My Dear Melancholy, available for the first time ever on vinyl. The six songs from this project, including the hit single "Call Out My Name" are featured on Side A of the 180-gram vinyl. Side B features an etched design to make this record a true collector's item.
1. Call Out My Name 2.Try Me 3. Wasted Times 4. I Was Never There 5. Hurt You 6. Privilege
Badflower’s #1 single “The Jester (Acoustic Version)” and a cover of Tears For Fears’ “Everybody Wants To Rule The World”, recorded live at SiriusXM on a limited edition picture disc 12”.
SIDE A “The Jester (Acoustic Version)”
SIDE B “Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Live From SiriusXM)”
40th Anniversary reissue of the first album featuring Nick Cave, before the band’s name morphed into The Birthday Party and prior to the formation of his next band, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Includes the classic “Shivers,” which has recently been covered by the likes of Cat Power and Courtney Barnett, to name a few.
This will be the first time the album will be issued on vinyl in many territories including the U.S.
1. The Nightwatchman 2. Brave Exhibitions 3. Friends Of My World 4. The Voice 5. Roman Roman 6. Somebody's Watching
1. After A Fashion 2. Dive Position 3. I Mistake Myself 4. Shivers
Solomon Burke was an American preacher and singer who shaped the sound of rhythm and blues as one of the founding fathers of soul music in the 1960s. Originally released in 1976, Back To My Roots was his debut album on the legendary Chess Records label, a well-known imprint devoted to the best Blues, R&B, Funk and Soul music. After a long stint on Atlantic and MGM Records, Solomon Burke signed for Chess to work with the wonderful producer Herman Rush who wrote and produced this sensational album.
This release for Record Store Day is its first repress since the original 1976 release.
SIDE A –
1. Burning For Your Love 2. Night And Day 3. Everybody’s Got To Cry Sometime 4. I’m Going Back To My Roots
SIDE B –
1. Precious Flower 2. The Do Right Song 3. Life Has It’s Ups And Downs 4. Over And Over (Hugging And Loving) 5. I’ll Never Stop Loving You
This RSD 2020 release brings together rare tracks, some unreleased, spanning 50+ years of the Canned Heat archives, on translucent blue vinyl with liner notes from Fito de la Parra.
Side A: 1. “Looking For A Party” 2. “Reefer Blues” 3. “Drunk” 4. “Harry's Open Pit & Barbeque” 5. “Bullfrog Blues”
Side B: 1. “Boogie Music” 2. “I Hear You Knocking” 3. “Saturday Night Fish Fry” 4. “No Mo Do Yakamo” 5. “House of Blue Lights” 6. “Sloppy Drunk”
The Hotrats (aka Supergrass’s Gaz Coombes and Danny Goffey) first released this collection of covers in 2010 and it has gone on to become a fan favourite. Produced by Nigel Godrich and re-issued for the first time, the album showcases the band’s classic rock influences with takes on David Bowie, The Kinks, Pink Floyd, Beastie Boys and more. Pressed on double 10” hot pink vinyl, this new 10th anniversary collection brings together the original studio album plus a selection of bonus tracks available on vinyl for the first time including "Mirror In the Bathroom" (The Beat), "West End Girls" (Pet Shop Boys) and "Drive My Car" (The Beatles).
DISC 1 Side One
1. “I Can't Stand It” 2. “Big Sky” 3. “The Crystal Ship” 4. “(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)”
DISC 1 Side Two
1. “Damaged Goods” 2. “Love Is The Drug” 3. “Bike” 4. “Pump It Up”
DISC 2 Side Three
1. “The Lovecats” 2. “Queen Bitch” 3. “E.M.I.” 4. “Up The Junction”
DISC 2 Side Four
1. “Mirror In The Bathroom” 2. “West End Girls” 3. “Drive My Car” 4. "Milkshake"
3LP set featuring a complete live show recorded at University of Wisconsin in 1989. Pressed on 140g black vinyl, the set features the tracks "Alex Chilton", "Bastards of Young", "I’ll Be You", "Can’t Hardly Wait", "I Will Dare", and many more. Limited to 8500 copies worldwide.
FIRST TIME EVER RELEASE FOR THE COMPLETE ALTERNATIVE SOUNDTRACK TO THE GROUP’S SEMINAL 2001 VIDEO COLLECTION BRILLIANT STUDIO RE-INTERPRETATIONS OF CLASSIC MATERIAL, INCLUDING ‘HELLO SKINNY’, ‘CONSTANTINOPLE’, ‘THIS IS A MAN’S MAN’S MAN’S WORLD’, THE ‘ONE MINUTE MOVIES’ AND MORE 2LP SET PRESSED ON ORANGE AND YELLOW VINYL AVAILABLE IN LIMITED QUANTITIES WORLDWIDE
Released to mark the turn of the new millennium in 2001, the “Icky Flix” DVD showcased The Residents’ award winning videos in glorious technicolor. To accompany those icky old films, the group also produced brand new recordings of each of the twenty songs, providing an alternate new soundtrack to some otherwise ancient visual material.
Inspired in places, plain ridiculous in others, “Icky Flix – The Original Soundtrack Recording” now brings together those Residential classics in their unedited entirety, as reworked by the group and singer Molly Harvey in the year 2000.
Familiar to fans, enticing to the curious and just too damn weird to everybody else, this is The Residents up to their old tricks again, reworking some of their favourite old tunes in their own style. Whether or not some members of the group ever realised they’d recorded the originals of those tunes in the first place is anybody’s guess.
Available exclusively for Record Store Day 2020, on coloured vinyl and in limited quantities worldwide.
1. ICKY IN?, 2. THE THIRD REICH & ROLL, 3. CONSTANTINOPLE, 4. HELLO SKINNY, 5. KICK A PICNIC, 6. MOISTURE, 7. ACT OF BEING POLITE, 8. PERFECT LOVE, 9. SIMPLE SONG, 10. SONGS FOR SWINGING LARVAE
1. WHERE IS SHE?, 2. VILENESS FATS (CONCENTRATE)
1. THIS IS A MAN'S MAN'S MAN'S WORLD, 2. STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER, 3. HARRY THE HEAD, 4. JELLY JACK THE BONELESS BOY, 5. THE GINGERBREAD MAN (CONCENTRATE)
1. HE ALSO SERVES, 2. BAD DAY ON THE MIDWAY (CONCENTRATE), 3. JUST FOR YOU (DISFIGURED NIGHT PART 7), 4. BURN BABY BURN, 5. ICKY OUT!
British singer-songwriter and front woman of trip-hop group Morcheeba, Skye Edwards celebrates the 10 year anniversary of her second album Keeping Secrets with the exclusive, special limited edition, white gatefold 180g vinyl for this year’s Record Store Day. Keeping Secrets, produced by Alexis Smith and Emmy-nominated Grace Jones collaborator Ivor Guest, showcases Skye’s instantly recognizable, smooth vocals. This limited edition white vinyl gatefold for RSD 2020 is the record’s first vinyl release.
“I Believe”/ “Boo Hoo” / “Not Broken” / “The Shape I’m In” / “Monsters Demons” / “Clock To Stop” / “Almost Killed Me” / “Wrong Alright” / “Maybe To Spain” / “Exhale”
Sidney Lumet's 1973 masterpiece Serpico is one of the most iconic movies of the '70s. Featuring a career-defining performance by Al Pacino in the title role, it's a superb neo-noir, encapsulating the post-Watergate mood of the early '70s. The film's soundtrack by Mikis Theodorakis is equally stunning. Composed by the Greek musician and arranged by cult jazz pianist Bob James, it is a superb blend of funky instrumental and traditional melodies reminiscent of The Godfather OST.
But the soundtrack didn't have an easy start. To begin with, Sidney Lumet didn't want any music for the film, which he thought was self-sufficient. However, under the pressure of producer Dino de Laurentiis, he finally bowed and agreed to hire a composer. Lumet thought about Mikis Theodorakis who had famously penned the classic score for Zorba The Greek. The composer was just out of jail in Greece for political activism and was busy preparing a North American tour but he duly accepted the task. However, he said he could only compose the music and not perform it. Lumet agreed and turned to Quincy Jones for advice, the musician having scored Lumet's film The Deadly Affair in 1966. Jones recommended the young pianist and arranger Bob James, who could help turn Theodorakis's composition into recorded music. James was hired on the spot to arrange the score and oversee the recording sessions adding a few cues in the process. The result is a stunning masterwork taking Theodorakis's great themes and reworking them in a skillful mix of traditional arrangements and cool jazz-funk tracks like "Honest Cop" and the stunningly funky "On The Streets". James doesn't remember much of the session players he says in the interview he gave for Wewantsounds' release, but they would have included the usual jazz funk suspects who were playing on his CTI sessions.
This RSD 2020 release is newly remastered from the original tapes by Colorsound Studio in Paris and featuring a stunning gatefold designed by American illustrator Eric Adrian Lee, and including authoritative notes by British film and music critic Jason Wood with an insightful Bob James interview reminiscing about the production of this superb soundtrack.
A1. “Theme From Serpico” A2. “Honest Cop” A3. “Alone In The Apartment” A4. “Meeting In The Park” A5. “Shoe Shop”
B1. “On The Streets” B2. “Flashback” B3. “Laurie's Fable” B4. “Disillusion” B5. “End Title”
Mike Watt, legendary bassist behind Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Dos, and so much more, is the latest to release a cover of a Squeeze song for Record Store Day. Mike teams up with his Secondmen for a cover of 'In Quintessence,' the opening track from Squeeze's 1981 album East Side Story. This is the fifth installment from the Swindles series and was produced and engineered by Squeeze-aficionado Steve Mandel. This is the first time Mike's version of "In Quintessence" has ever been released and will be available as a 45 single, with the vocal version on the A-side and the instrumental version on the B-side, for Record Store Day 2020.
SIDE A: In Quintessence SIDE B: In Quintessence (Instrumental)
Too Kool is the second volume in Blitzen Trapper's Unreleased Recordings Series and follows 2017's first volume, Waking Bullets At Breakneck Speed. The 10-song set features the earliest Blitzen Trapper recordings from which comprised a cohesive album containing in large part the various future sounds of the band in gestational form. Recorded 2003 to 2004. Pressed on Translucent Orange Vinyl.
1. Too Kool 2. Farthest Shore 3. Everything U Do 4. Rainy Day 5. Big Adventure 6. Pink Padded Slippers 7. Kid Sister 8. Flying Trapeze 9. Crystal Ball 10. On A Tuesday
In 1988, Frank Zappa released the first installment of You Can’t Do That On Stage Anymore, a 6 volume series (12 discs total) consisting of hand picked live performances from his legendary Vault. The series was intended for CD, a relatively new medium at the time. Since vinyl & cassette were still considered the main formats, FZ created this sampler to promote the project & provide motivation to embrace the CD series. The material for the sampler was culled from tracks ranging from 1969 to 1984. The original ‘88 vinyl was mastered by Bernie Grundman. This 2020 collector’s edition is again mastered by Bernie from the original 1630 Digital Master & pressed on 180gram individual red & yellow transparent vinyl by Pallas in Germany.
LP1 / SIDE A – 1. Plastic People, 2. The Torture Never Stops
LP1 / SIDE B – 1. Montana (Whipping-floss), 2. The Evil Prince, 3. You Call That Music?
LP2 / SIDE A – 1. Sharleena, 2. Nanook Rubs It
LP2 / SIDE B – 1. The Florida Airport Tape, 2. Once Upon A Time, 3. King Kong, 4. Dickie's Such An Asshole, 5. Cosmic Debris
The first vinyl release for their massive 2003 single.
1. Needy Girl (Zdar Dub) 2. Needy Girl (Paper Faces Remix) 3. Needy Girl (Album Version)
1. Needy Girl (Lifelike Remix) 2. Needy Girl (Bloc Party Remix) 3. Needy Girl (Instrumental)
Vinyl: $34.98 Buy
Classic performance from Alice Cooper recorded live at The Apollo theatre Glasgow, Scotland, Feb 19, 1982 on his Special Forces Tour. This recording is largely unreleased: only three tracks-- "Who Do You Think We Are", "Under My Wheels" and "Model Citizen" were previously released as 12" B-sides in 1982, and have not been available since.
1. Who Do You Think We Are* 2. Model Citizen* 3. Go to Hell 4. Guilty 5. I'm Eighteen 6. Cold Ethyl 7. Only Women Bleed 8. No More Mr. Nice Guy 9. Clones (We're All) 10. Under My Wheels* 11. I Never Cry 12. 7 and 7 Is 13. Grim Facts 14. Pain 15. Billion Dollar Babies 16. Generation Landslide 17. Who Do You Think We Are 18. Schools Out. (*previously released)
Dandy Warhols cover The Velvet Underground's “Femme Fatale”, with Bebe Buell on vocals for a new studio recording. B-side is a new acoustic recording of the band's single ''Killing Me”.
The cover art for the 7'' features Bebe and Nico from back in the 70's.
"Femme Fatale" b/w "Killing Me"
Legendary garage rockers The Fleshtones have been pumping out hits for over four decades, earning them the honor of being "America's Garage Rock Band." They're one of the final remaining original CBGB bands, they've played on Andy Warhol's short-lived MTV show while Sir Ian McKellen read Shakespeare over their jamming, and were the last band to publicly perform at the World Trade Center's Windows on the World. However, what's most incredible about The Fleshtones is that they're putting out some of their best music forty years into their career, as evidenced by their new album Face of the Screaming Werewolf. Featuring soon-to-be-hits done in the inimitable Fleshtones style, such as "Alex Trebek," "Spilling Blood at the Rock & Roll Show," and their cover of the Stones' classic "Child of the Moon."
1. Face of the Screaming Werewolf, 2. Alex Trebek, 3. Spilling Blood (at the Rock & Roll Show), 4. Child of the Moon, 5. Manpower Debut, 6. Swinging Planet X, 7. You Gotta Love, Love, 8. Violet Crumble, Cherry Ripe, 9. Waiting on a Girl, 10. The Show Is Over, 11. Somerset Morning
The Squirrel (subtitled Live in Montmatre, Copenhagen 1967) is a live album by American saxophonist Dexter Gordon recorded at the famous Jazz house Montmartre in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1967 by Danmarks Radio and released in 1997. Dexter's band consisted of Dexter Gordon-tenor saxophone, Kenny Drew-piano, Bo Stief-bass, Art Taylor-drums
Side 1 "The Squirrel" (Tadd Dameron)
Side 2 "Cheese Cake" (Dexter Gordon)
Side 3 "You've Changed" (Carl T. Fischer, Bill Carey)
Side 4 "Sonnymoon for Two (Sonny Rollins)
MP3 Album: $1.79 Download
Athens, Georgia instrumental college rock staples Love Tractor return with their original line up to rework early tracks for this RSD 7" with help from Doug Stanley & Joe Rowe of the Glands, Bill Berry of R.E.M., and with David Barbe and Jeff Calder holding down the studio. Two reworked originals to lead into their full catalog reissue series that kicks off in mid-2020.
“60 Degrees and Sunny” / “FEST-ivals”
First time on vinyl in decades.
“One of the best, most movingly evocative scores in Randy Newman’s long movie career… “ -All Music
“Warm-hearted and moving, this is one of the most treasured items in my film music collection.” -Movie Wave
“…one of the finest in Newman’s canon.” -Movie Music UK
Limited Edition Pressed on custom blue vinyl
This red vinyl 7” single features the rare Keith Richards track “Key To The Highway” which only ever saw release on the Japanese version of the album Main Offender, along with that album’s classic “Hate It When You Leave.”
"Hate It When You Leave" b/w "Key To The Highway"
The first official Rolling Stones’ rarities collection, Metamorphosis, was originally released in June 1975 to try to outwit the bootleggers. The release combines legendary outtakes and rarities as well as the wealth of demos that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards composed for other artists, which were subsequently re-recorded by the Stones themselves. The collection includes an orchestrated version of “Out Of Time,” recently featured in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The Record Store Day 2020 limited edition of the UK version of Metamorphosis will be released on hunter green vinyl and includes a full color exclusive iron-on t-shirt transfer of the album artwork, which alludes to Franz Kafka’s novella “The Metamorphosis,” the story of a man who wakes up one morning to find himself inexplicably transformed into a huge insect.
SIDE A –
1. Out Of Time 2. Don't Lie to Me 3. Some Things Just Stick in Your Mind 4. Each and Every Day of the Year 5. Heart of Stone 6. I'd Much Rather Be With the Boys 7. (Walkin' Thru The) Sleepy City 8. We're Wastin' Time 9. Try a Little Harder
SIDE B –
1. I Don't Know Why 2. If You Let Me 3. Jiving Sister Fanny 4. Downtown Suzie 5. Family 6. Memo from Turner 7. I'm Going Down
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
The vinyl release of the latest album from the legendary Snoop Dogg! Featuring appearances from Wiz Khalifa, Russ, Slick Rick, YG, Mustard, Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi, Trey Songz, Nate Dogg, and more!
1. “What U Talkin' Bout” | 2. “So Misinformed (feat. Slick Rick)” | 3. “Let Bygones be Bygones” | 4. “One Blood, One Cuzz (feat. DJ Battlecat)” | 5. “Countdown (feat. Swizz Beatz)” | 6. “I C Your Bullshit” | 7. “Turn Me On (feat. Chris Brown)” | 8. “Blue Face Hunnids (feat. YG & Mustard)” | 9. “New Booty” | 10. “Take Me Away (feat. Russ & Wiz Khalifa)” |11. “Do It When I'm In It (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi)” | 12. “First Place (feat. Tdot Illdude)” | 13. “Focused” | 14. “Rise To The Top (feat. Trey Songz & Swizz Beatz)” | 15. “Wintertime in June (feat. Nate Dogg)” | 16. “Doo Wop Thank Me (feat. The HamilTones)” | 17. “Main Phone (feat. Rick Rock & Stressmatic)” | 18. “Do You Like I Do (feat. Lil Duval)” | 19. “I've Been Looking For You (feat. Eric Jaye)” | 20. “Little Square UBitchU (feat. Anitta)” | 21. “Ventalation (feat. RJmrLA, $tupid Young, Azjah)”| 22. “I Wanna Thank Me (feat. Markknoxx)”
Tres Vampires is a trio of darkly romantic, timeless, otherworldly passion ballads the likes of which are only heard every 1000 years, or when the vampires rise. If you're listening. David J (Bauhaus, Love & Rockets), rarely seen in the daytime, and Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde) collaborate as the duet of your darkest dreams on these dusty 2009 recordings, unearthed from an old crypt in the French Quarter used for storage of various rarities and artifacts. These familiar voices are already Halloween staples wherever vampires are known to congregate, so these three “lost” tracks are sure to become new - yet oddly old and familiar - Goth classics. Instruments performed and recorded by Shok, Los Angeles Multi-Instrumentalist Producer & DJ (Red Light District / Zeitmahl). Limited edition blood red vinyl, download card included
1. Take You Deep 2. Blood Bound 3. Voyage Of The Damned
Vinyl: $29.98 Buy
Mike Myers' ultra-mod '60s spy spoof Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery skillfully pulls humor from the differences and similarities between the '60s and '90s; unsurprisingly the soundtrack balances and wryly reworks pop hits from both eras. With original Burt Bacharach songs as well as some retro-style gems, from the funky acid jazz of the James Taylor Quartet to the Lightning Seeds' trip-hop reworking of the Turtles' "You Showed Me". Double LP pressed on one pink and one orange vinyl.
Previously available on CD, released for the first time on vinyl.
1. The Magic Piper (of love) - Performed by Edwyn Collins, 2. BBC - Performed by Ming Tea, 3. Incense and Peppermints - Performed by Strawberry Alarm Clock, 4. Carnival - Performed by The Cardigans, 5. Mas Que Nada - Performed by Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66, 6. Female Of The Species (Fembot Mix) - Performed by Space, 7. You Showed Me - Performed by The Lightning Seeds, 8. Soul Bossa Nova - Performed by Quincy Jones and His Orchestra, 9. These Days - Performed by Luxury, 10. Austin's Theme - Performed by The James Taylor Quartet, 11. I Touch Myself - Performed by The Divinyls, 12. Call Me - Performed by The Mike Flowers Pops, 13. The Look Of Love - Performed by Susanna Hoffs, 14. What The World Needs Now Is Love - Performed by Burt Bacharach and The Posies, 15. The Book Lovers - Performed by Broadcast, 16. Austin Powers - Performed by Wondermints, 17. The "Shag-adelic" Austin Powers Score Medley - Performed by George S. Clinton
The Original 1987 Soundtrack. Newly Remastered For Vinyl Composed and Performed by Eric Clapton, Michael Kamen and David Sanborn Features Clapton on guitar on 9 tracks.